The school will be closed from Monday 23rd March 2020 until further notice
As a country, we all need to do what we can to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. That is why the government has given clear guidance on self-isolation, household isolation and social distancing.
The most recent scientific advice on how to further limit the spread of COVID-19 is clear.
If children can stay safely at home, they should, to limit the chance of the virus spreading. That is why the government has asked parents to keep their children at home, wherever possible, and asked schools to remain open only for those children who absolutely need to attend.
The fewer children making the journey to school, and the fewer children in educational settings, the lower the risk that the virus can spread and infect vulnerable individuals in wider society.
We must emphasise that the government guidance states that “many parents working in these critical sectors may be able to ensure their child is kept at home. Every child who can be safely cared for at home should be.”
Key worker provision will begin on Monday 23rd March as per the letter of Friday 20th March.
We are here to support all our families: email@example.com
Remote Learning Support
We know that this is a challenging time for all families. We know that all our pupils are conscientious and we understand that although they may have high hopes of achieving hours of learning this may not always be possible with parents/carers working from home and balancing households. The activities and links are there for you to access when appropriate and also include fun learning activities which will be updated regularly. We do not want to add any further stress and anxiety to what is already a difficult time. We want to ensure that first and foremost our children feel reassured and safe in their homes.
- Step 1-To Login children will need their 306 user name and password (please find these in the front of their contact books). This is where the work will be posted; not all work has to be completed using a computer. An exercise book has been sent home in which children can record any homework.
- Step 2- Click on My Homework.
- Step 3- Click on 'List View' in the left-hand column.
- Step 4- Ensure the Date is set correctly in the calendar in the left-hand column
- Step 5- Ensure 'Status' and 'Subject' show 'All' – this will ensure that they can see all homework set
Using Websites for Home Learning
Teachers may direct you to these online sites in the homework:
- Times Tables Rock Stars
- Busy Things
- BBC Bitesize
- Oxford Owl
- PurpleMash (check the ToDos tab for activities that have been set)
They can all be accessed through the 'apps' page on the website.
Oxford Owl eBooks
- Reading - Your child should aim to read daily and record in their contact book as normal.
- Mental Maths - Practise number star targets or times tables using Times Table Rock Stars for 15 minutes a day.
- Spellings – Practise spellings and writing them out daily, (this will be set via myHomework).
Other Forms of Home Learning
- Curriculum letters- These are full of ideas to support home learning. These can be found in the curriculum tab on the school website under each year group here.
- CGP homework books – Reading Comprehension/Maths/ Phonics – teachers will set pages for each week - this will be communicated via myHomework – accessible through the myUSO link in apps on the website or here
- Spellings – weekly – this will be available via the myHomework – accessible through the myUSO link in apps on the website or here
- SATs Revision - Year 2 and 6 classes will receive today Easter Packs for SATs revision.
Please keep safe and look after one another.